Basic XPack reporting is not working

Hi, this also appears to be broken in the free version of RoR for me.

Within Kibana, selecting Reporting->Generate CSV results in an unauthenticated request to ES. Users are authenticated with LDAP.

[2019-01-29T11:56:03,549][INFO ][t.b.r.a.ACL ] FORBIDDEN by default req={ ID:1115518810-1896199728#10758, TYP:GetRequest, CGR:N/A, USR:[no basic auth header], BRS:false, KDX:null, ACT:indices:data/read/get, OA:127.0.0.1, DA:127.0.0.1, IDX:.kibana, MET:GET, PTH:/.kibana/doc/index-pattern%3AAWVn3JKOVNrT4_doflbk, CNT:<N/A>, HDR:{Connection=keep-alive, Host=localhost:9200, Content-Length=0}, HIS:[::CURATOR::->[auth_key->false]], [::LOGSTASH::->[auth_key->false]], [::KIBANA-SRV::->[auth_key->false]], [::KIBANA-ADMIN::->[ldap_authentication->false]], [::KIBANA-USER::->[ldap_authentication->false]] }

Thanks in advance.

Hi @jone, this topic was about the Kibana plugin, and the solution has been provided already.
Kibana without ROR plugin has a bug such that the credentials are not being forwarded when using some features like monitoring or reporting.

ReadonlyREST PRO/Enterprise plugins for Kibana are the only places we are able to provide a workaround for this. If you want to try them, you can do it for free with the trial programme. Let me know if you want to test a trial build.

Thanks @sscarduzio, understood. I will get in touch regarding a trial of the Kibana plugin.

1 Like