Cant see ROR Panel

Hey Simone,
I’m not sure whats happening but in addition to the other issues I am having I now can’t even see the ROR panel in the admin:

Any feedback here?

Any logs? Version? Chrome js console errors?

1 Like

Using version 6.5.1

No Console Errors:

Looking in error logs I see the following error I don’t think the two are related:

{“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2018-12-11T05:00:00Z”,“tags”:[“error”,“readonlyrest_kbn”],“pid”:23455,“message”:“got an error [400] Bad Request for path /api/telemetry/v1/optIn”}

{“type”:“error”,"@timestamp":“2018-12-11T12:36:15Z”,“tags”:[“error”,“readonlyrest_kbn”],“pid”:23455,“level”:“error”,“error”:{“message”:“mapping set to strict, dynamic introduction of [telemetry] ynamic introduction of [telemetry] within [doc] is not allowed: [strict_dynamic_mapping_exception] mapping set to strict, dynamic introduction of [telemetry] within [doc] is not allowed”}

I think this is related to the bundling bug, will release a new version for 6.5.3 and let’s check again

I figured it out! looks like using this plugin:

Was causing that panel not to show up for some reason. I turned it off for now. but if you have any idea how to fix it that would be great! must be some kind of collision.

Wow interesting, does this collide even after upgrading to 6.5.3?

BTW Datasweet is an important OSS contributor to ReadonlyREST Elasticsearch plugin :slight_smile:

Yep Still happens as soon as I remove the plugin I can see the panel again in 6.5.3.

bit of a bummer because it’s a really great plugin.

In previous Kibana version the two plugins worked together correctly though, right?

Nice to hear datasweet and ror (should) work well together. We have been eyeing datasweet with great interest.

Yes they worked perfect before. But now I am experiencing the above error.