Kibana companion plugin sneak peak

ReadonlyREST PRO for Kibana Released!

@Vg15 @kudo it’s finally here :slight_smile: Pro - ReadonlyREST

How to hide the ReadRestOnly tab for some users?

I have

kibana_hide_apps: ["timelion","readonlyrest", "kibana:dev_tools", "kibana:management"] 

but this doesn’t have effect. I do not want users from different department to even have read only access to this tab.

Also it would be nice to hid the indices that user do not have access to. At the moment I can still see the list of all indices, can click on them and then get the authorization exception.

The name of the app is readonlyrest_kbn

I acknowledge there’s way too few documentation for the Kibana plugin, will fix tomorrow ASAP.

I just set up a specific documentation page here:

Now the problem is for us, that the ROR 1.15.0 do not want to work with Kibana plugin which is stated in you documentation. Yet you are not providing officially ROR 1.15.1 (the one I have for testing v1.15.1 pre 2 is working but will not be allowed to install it on production) When you will release ROR 1.15.1 officially on your website to accompany Kibana plugin? When my company signup for PRO, they got email how to download Kibana and asking to download ROR from the website, but you have version 1.15.0 there.

When I install 1.15.0 I get a lot of errors with not allowed injector

e.g

Error injecting constructor, org.elasticsearch.plugin.readonlyrest.settings.
SettingsMalformedException: Unknown rule name: 'kibana_hide_apps'

If there is not 1.15.1 release, Kibana plugin is useless for us

1 Like

Yep I totally understand your concern. Let’s promote the latest pre to stable, as other users seems OK with it too.

@nan008 here you are Download (UNIVERSAL) - ReadonlyREST

@nan008 lease install also the 0.1.1 of the Kibana plugin I just released, there was an issue with license checking.

:unicorn: YAY THANK YOU !!! :rainbow:

1 Like

Haha yes! Go ponies! :unicorn: :rocket::raised_hands:

1 Like