Readonlyrest support

Hi,

I have some questions about the plugin.

We have a self signed certificate and We access to Kibana from the IP.

• When We try to access from the domain, the Authentication doesn’t work.
    What can We do or Why It happens?

• Our domain provider doesn’t support Les’t encrypt. Did you know any other option to generate an open source certificate?

And We want to embed a Kibana visualization in Other page.
How can We sent the authentication credentials to avoid the window dialogue authentication and just see the embedded visualization in the other pague.

Thanks,

Hi @hepamela ,

Do you mean that the browser refuses to open the Kibana page due to SSL cert errors? If yes, you need to buy an actual SSL cert or use LetsEncrypt. In general, this is something I can’t help you with, as it’s not related to ROR.

• Our domain provider doesn’t support Les’t encrypt. Did you know any other option to generate an open source certificate?

Buy a cert from a certification authority, I don’t know anywhere special because I only use lets encrypt. And I don’t know any other free cert generators.

And We want to embed a Kibana visualization in Other page.
How can We sent the authentication credentials to avoid the window dialogue authentication and just see the embedded visualization in the other page.

At the moment there is no good solution to this because even if we allow the “embedded” url formats, then the embedded visualization will try to pull data from ES, and we can’t differentiate between an embedded session and a random unauthorized person trying to pull data from ES.

I’m open to suggestions.

_S