I tried to install the ES plugin on ES 6.7.0 in the manner specified.
- Obtain the build (6.7.0)
- install the plugin - installs successfully, selected yes for permissions.
- created readonlyrest.yml in the same location as elasticsearch.yml
- made sure all permissions were at elasticsearch.
have this in the readonlyrest.yml file
- name: "Require HTTP Basic Auth" type: allow auth_key: user:password
xpack.security.enabled: falsein the bottom of the elasticearch.yml file
I see plugin loaded then as ES continues to load i’ll start to see errors similar to:
FORBIDDEN by default req=...(it seems to start to list about anything from cluster:monitor to metricbeat, etc.)
Little later in the log i’ll see ES recovered 10 indices followed by [CLUSTERWIDE SETTINGS] cluster not ready…
- then cluster health goes from red to yellow, shards get started and the FORBIDDEN keeps populating.
- I go on to test like it says with curl - and I do not get the status code of 401.