Black or white kibana theme

Recently, the war between users has intensified: What is better black or white theme in kibana?
Can we solve this problem by adding a button next to the login in the upper right corner? And result of a choice to save in session? So that this setting is different for each person.

Let’s rally these people together =)

{“customer_id”: “6c4a385b-2ae8-4f02-a9cd-ef24addfb5b3”, “subscription_id”: “32d4073f-dc2f-4056-a868-842727c637cd”}

LOL - in all its frivolousness, I think it’s a good idea. We could implement a dark mode switcher, it’s also handy for our automated testing. @Dzuming WDYT?

Sure, I will analyze how to implement this feature.

2 Likes

The human war is intensifying. Do you have any deadlines?

Hi,
We don’t have a set deadline for this yet. Right now, I’m tied up with two urgent tasks, but once those are done, I’ll dive into working on this one.

1 Like

The support for dark/light mode selector for each user is ready.

1 Like

This one will be released with ROR 1.56.0

ROR 1.56.0 with this feature is released

I see that the Kibana admin can change the topic. What about ordinary workers?

They cannot go into the settings where they can do something.

Can the topic switch be moved here?

add:

And by default the global setting will be selected if the user has not changed it.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

I see that the Kibana admin can change the topic. What about ordinary workers?
They cannot go into the settings where they can do something.
Can the topic switch be moved here?

For sure we need to consider access for all users. The reason for placing it as a separate tab in the security is to allow users to overwrite various settings. If you have specific settings that the user should be able to overwrite, please let me know and I will add support for it. The upcoming release cycle should be quicker, around 2 weeks. I will prepare a solution to give users access to their settings regardless of their access level.

If there is such a possibility, I would like to
“Default route” and “Timezone for date formatting”
Some users are also not happy with the global settings for these settings. Can they be customized too?

Sure, I will add support for customizing these two settings.

It’s done in ROR 1.47.0