Cannot read property 'aliases' of undefined

Hello,

After i updated my ElasticSearch to version 7.16, Kibana can’t load Index Management page, with error
Cannot read property ‘aliases’ of undefined.

Everything else is working fine, my applications are streaming logs to my indexes perfectly.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Hello @andre.avelar, welcome to the forum.
What ROR version did you upgrade from? And what Kibana version? Do you use free, pro or enterprise?

Also, please attach the whole log, and tell us more when the error happens.

I suggest you have a look at all the logs ES, Kibana, and browser to gather more information that can help us help you.

Hello, I upgraded from Elastic 7.9.2 to Elastic 7.16.2. Kibana still in 7.9.2 version, can’t upgrade because legacy plugins ar not compatible with 7.10+.

Kibana version: 7.9.2

Elasticsearch version: 7.16.2

Server OS version: Windows Server 2012 R2

Browser version: Chrome last version

Browser OS version: Chrome last version

Steps to reproduce:

1. Update Elasticsearch
  2. Open Index Management page

Expected behavior:
Load indexes

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.110 Safari/537.36",“referer”:“http://kibana5601/app/management/data/index_management/indices"},“res”:{“statusCode”:500,“responseTime”:280,“contentLength”:9},“message”:"GET /api/index_management/indices 500 280ms - 9.0B”}

Browser returns error 500 too

Wow your ES and Kibana versions are now very distant! We never tested this situation before.

Have you got ReadonlyREST Enterprise installed in Kibana? What version of our plugin is this? A reliable way to verify it is opening the file <kibana_home>/plugins/readonlyrestkbn/package.json.

Fixed it downgrading Kibana to 7.8.1, now the versions are more distant than ever hehe, but working. Thank you for your time