Configuration in index
I’ve been thinking that people operating a cluster might have some issues guaranteeing the ES config file must be copied over to all the nodes + restart every time they add a user or change some ROR conf.
- Have an ES cluster using ROR
- Need to change a password / add a user / modify anything
- Got to edit the elasticsearch.yml
- Got to scp it over to all nodes
- Got to restart every node (downtime and shit)
- Download the current conf (a YML file coming down from a new endpoint in ES)
- Send a POST containing the modified YML conf
NB: Configuration GET/POST can be authenticated
Plus in the future this can easily be a web tool.
Let’s do this?