Elasticsearch 6.6.0 forbidden error

Hey Hi,

I have been successfully installed readonlyrest plugin on elasticsearch 6.6. The kibana side i try to login i got forbidden error on this kibana 6.6 version. Here is the log

FORBIDDEN by default req={ ID:1908163224-1196559277#122, TYP:SearchRequest, CGR:N/A, USR:[no basic auth header], BRS:false, KDX:null, ACT:indices:data/read/search, OA:127.0.0.1, DA:127.0.0.1, IDX:.kibana, MET:POST, PTH:/.kibana/_search?size=1000&from=0&rest_total_hits_as_int=true, CNT:<OMITTED, LENGTH=245>, HDR:{Connection=keep-alive, content-type=application/json, Host=localhost:9200, Content-Length=245}, HIS:[::LOGSTASH::->[auth_key->false]], [local_admin->[auth_key->false]], [::KIBANA-SRV::->[auth_key->false]], [es_admin->[auth_key->false]], [kibana_admin->[auth_key->false]],

Readonlyrest.yml also:

readonlyrest:
    enabled: true
    prompt_for_basic_auth: false
    #audit_collector: true

access_control_rules:

- name: "::LOGSTASH::"
      auth_key: logstash:logstash
      actions: ["indices:data/read/*","indices:data/write/*","indices:admin/template/*","indices:admin/create"]
      indices: ["*logstash-*"]

- name: "aaa_admin"
      type: allow
      auth_key: aaa_admin:npci@123
      verbosity: error

- name: "::KIBANA-SRV::"
      auth_key: kibana:kibana
      verbosity: error
      kibana_access: rw
      indices: [".kibana",".kibana-devnull","*"]

- name: "es_admin"
      auth_key: es_admin:Htua@20$!

- name: "kibana_admin"
      auth_key: arul:kibana@123

On the browser side also;

{
“message”: “forbidden: [undefined] forbidden”,
“statusCode”: 403,
“error”: “Forbidden”
}

kibana.yml
elasticsearch.username: kibana
elasticsearch.password: kibana

Is there anything i missed; please help me to fix this issue.

remove these.

And if you are not using the ROR Kibana plugin, this will prevent you from being able to ask the user for credentials.

Also, be aware that not using the ROR Kibana plugin will give you a very limited security and overall user experience.