Elasticsearch not starting after installing ROR 7.6.1

PS: xpack.security.enabled is false

I don’t think this is a ROR problem. Please check Bootstrap Checks | Elasticsearch Guide [7.6] | Elastic

This bootstrap issue is now resolved. But as expected in elk env, new error is coming

[2020-06-30T17:59:18,722][ERROR][t.b.r.e.s.EsIndexJsonContentService] [ubuntu-s-2vcpu-4gb-blr1-01] Cannot get source of document [.readonlyrest ID=1]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: NodeClient has not been initialized
	at org.elasticsearch.client.node.NodeClient.transportAction(NodeClient.java:155) ~[elasticsearch-7.6.1.jar:7.6.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.client.node.NodeClient.executeLocally(NodeClient.java:94) ~[elasticsearch-7.6.1.jar:7.6.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.client.node.NodeClient.doExecute(NodeClient.java:83) ~[elasticsearch-7.6.1.jar:7.6.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:396) ~[elasticsearch-7.6.1.jar:7.6.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:385) ~[elasticsearch-7.6.1.jar:7.6.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.get(AbstractClient.java:489) ~[elasticsearch-7.6.1.jar:7.6.1]
	at tech.beshu.ror.es.services.EsIndexJsonContentService.$anonfun$sourceOf$1(EsIndexJsonContentService.scala:55) ~[?:?]
	at monix.eval.internal.TaskRunLoop$.startFull(TaskRunLoop.scala:81) ~[?:?]
	at monix.eval.internal.TaskRunLoop$.$anonfun$restartAsync$1(TaskRunLoop.scala:222) ~[?:?]
	at monix.execution.internal.InterceptRunnable.run(InterceptRunnable.scala:27) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:830) ~[?:?]
[2020-06-30T17:59:19,184][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [ubuntu-s-2vcpu-4gb-blr1-01] initialized

After removing ROR plugin the elastisearch is working fine. There has to be some problem with ROR and elk version 7.6.1

@tbhaxor try to remove .readonlyrest index and try again

Hey @sscarduzio How are you.

The elasticsearch is not starting, idk how to delete it while it’s stopped. Or do i remove ror and then delete the index and try again?

the error you’ve shown, is logged sometimes when ROR too early is trying to load index configuration (before ES inits NodeClient). The reload is rescheduled, so from ROR perspective there is no problem (we’ll improve it in future, so the error won’t show).

Moreover, ROR starts asynchronously, so when ROR fails to start, ES still works, but all requests will be rejected with HTTP 503. So, I doubt that ROR causes you ES failure. Or maybe by saying “After removing ROR plugin the elastisearch is working fine” you didn’t mean that ES cannot start, but maybe you cannot access your indices?

Please, be more precise and share full logs, not just part of it. I won’t be able to help you without broad context

Hey this is strange (because earlier it wasnt the case). I increased the vm resources, and it started working. But it is showing Kibana server is not ready yet.

What logs i can show you to get this issue resolved

let’s start with ES logs

Lol i forgot to add elasticsearch creds in kibana.yml. My bad sorry. :stuck_out_tongue: