Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder"

Hi

We are facing this issue when starting elasticsearch 7.6.2 with ROL 1.19.4. Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Dec 16 11:51:02 SFAPR4853 elasticsearch[7369]: SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”.
Dec 16 11:51:02 SFAPR4853 elasticsearch[7369]: SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
Dec 16 11:51:02 SFAPR4853 elasticsearch[7369]: SLF4J: See SLF4J Error Codes for further details.

if you see ROR logs, you can ignore it

The problem is that the log4j2.properties configurations is ignored due to the NOP logger implementaiton.

are you sure they are? because I saw this log somewhere and the logging works are expected.
If so, how to you run your ES? are you able to reproduce the same eg. using ES docker image?

Hi.

Sorry, you are right. Even with the error message, I’m able to see elasticsearch logs. There was a misconfiguration inside the log properties file.

Thank you.

I’m not sure why the misleading log appears because the logger implementation is there and is finally loaded. But we will try to remove it in future. At least it works, so we treat it as a low priority.

Hi

Could you explain exactly what “Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation” means?

it’s dummy implementation which does nothing (see link)