Just a note on installing the kibana enterprise plugin, when using fresh install of Kibana 6.5.4 with plugin version 1.16.33 (since my existing es cluster was using es ror plugin 1.16.33)
Transferring 7066152 bytes.................... Transfer complete Retrieving metadata from plugin archive Extracting plugin archive Extraction complete Optimizing and caching browser bundles...
Node will have long exited, verify this after 10 min or so before proceeding, but the ror kbn enterprise plugin is installed and working but you have to manually exit this ctrl+c
then you can ensure your kibana yml is set up right with x-pack disabled if you haven’t yet, and ensure user kibana owns /usr/share/kibana/optimize/*
and then restart kibana, and it will take a while to load but will run correctly. I enabled verbose logs for kibana to track it.
I had tried several times and resorted to fresh install of kibana and still got this issue without knowing that it was installed…
found out that kibana-plugin has this hanging optimizing thing for many plugins and is improved in 6.6 / 6.7