Hangs on "Optimizing and caching bundles"

(Cronin) #1

I upgraded to version 6.5.1 this am. I had no problem with Elastic but Kibana isent working. When I check the Server log I notice that it seems like it’s hanging on “Optimizing and caching bundles for stateSessionStorageRedirect, status_page, timelion, space_selector, dashboardViewer, apm, canvas, infra, readonlyrest_kbn and kibana. This may take a few minutes”

Any help would be great. I have tried removing the budle files manually and rebooting and I get the same problem.

(Cronin) #2

I think I figured it out when installing the plugin on linux you need to run the command like so 'sudo -u kibana bin/kibana-plugin install x-pack" IE set the user. This seems to have fixed things.

(Cronin) #3

One more question. Now that everything is working I keep getting this popup no matter if I hit yes or no. Anything that I can do about it?

(Simone Scarduzio) #4

OK this is new to me, will try to reproduce

(Cronin) #5

Looks like I have the same problem with “Canvas”
"Error 400 Bad Request: mapping set to strict, dynamic introduction of [canvas-workpad] within [doc] is not allowed: "

(Cronin) #6

A quick update here. I figured out how to trigger this error. If you are logged in as a user and viewing a specific “tenancy”. If I login as the master user I don’t get this problem.

(Cronin) #7

simone,
In addition to all of this I can’t seem to create index patterns either getting the following error in console:

Let me know if it’s something I’m doing?