Internal Server Error On Kibana


(Cronin) #1

Hi I just upgraded to version 6.1.2 of Kibana and Elastic after installing the ROR plugin for kibana I get the login screen but after logging in I get “{“statusCode”:500,“error”:“Internal Server Error”,“message”:“An internal server error occurred”}” Any idea how to fix this?


(Simone Scarduzio) #2

Hi Greg!

This is a very generic error, please check:

  1. Is there any more in fo in kibana stdout?
  2. How about any stack traces in the javascript console (i.e. with chrome)?
  3. Have you updated both ES and Kibana plugins to the same Elastic stack and ROR version?

(Cronin) #3

How about any stack traces in the javascript console (i.e. with chrome)?

  • No I see nothing here.

Have you updated both ES and Kibana plugins to the same Elastic stack and ROR version?

  • Yes I am using ES and Kibana 6.1.2 with the right ROR plugins as well.

I have also removed all other kibana plugins that I had just in case.

Is there any more in fo in kibana stdout?
Yes see below:

ot an error [404] Not Found for path /.kibana { Error: Not Found
at internals.notFound (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/connection.js:414:23)
at Object.internals.handler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/handler.js:96:36)
at request._protect.run (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/handler.js:30:23)
at internals.Protect.run (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/protect.js:64:5)
at exports.execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/handler.js:24:22)
at each (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/request.js:384:16)
at iterate (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/node_modules/items/lib/index.js:36:13)
at Object.exports.serial (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/node_modules/items/lib/index.js:39:9)
at internals.Request._lifecycle (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/request.js:387:11)
at internals.Request._execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/request.js:302:21)
at Domain.request._protect.enter (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/connection.js:261:25)
at Domain.run (domain.js:221:14)
at internals.Protect.enter (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/protect.js:80:17)
at Server. (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/connection.js:259:30)
at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
at Server.emit (events.js:191:7)
data: null,
isBoom: true,
isServer: false,
output:
{ statusCode: 404,
payload: { statusCode: 404, error: ‘Not Found’ },
headers: { ‘kbn-name’: ‘kibana’, ‘kbn-version’: ‘6.1.2’ } },
reformat: [Function],
{“type”:“response”,"@timestamp":“2018-02-12T19:40:39Z”,“tags”:[],“pid”:8736,“method”:“put”,“statusCode”:404,“req”:{“url”:"/.kibana",“method”:“put”,“headers”:{“content-type”:“application/json”,“hos$
kbnIndex check failed with an unusual error: { Not Found :: {“path”:”/.kibana",“query”:{},“body”:"{“settings”:{“number_of_shards”:1},“mappings”:{“doc”:{“dynamic”:“strict”,“properties$
at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:295:15)
at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:254:7)
at HttpConnector. (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:159:7)
at IncomingMessage.bound (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:729:21)
at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)
at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:128:9)
status: 404,
displayName: ‘NotFound’,
message: ‘Not Found’,
path: ‘/.kibana’,
query: {},
body: { statusCode: 404, error: ‘Not Found’ },
statusCode: 404,
response: ‘{“statusCode”:404,“error”:“Not Found”}’,
toString: [Function],
toJSON: [Function] }
got an error [500] Internal Server Error for path /app/kibana { Found :: {“path”:”/.kibana/doc/config%3A6.1.2",“query”:{},“statusCode”:302,“response”:""}
at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:295:15)
at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:254:7)
at HttpConnector. (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:159:7)
at IncomingMessage.bound (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/dist/lodash.js:729:21)
at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)
at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:128:9)
status: 302,
displayName: ‘Found’,
message: ‘Found’,
path: ‘/.kibana/doc/config%3A6.1.2’,
query: {},
body: undefined,
statusCode: 302,
response: ‘’,
toString: [Function],
toJSON: [Function],
isBoom: true,
isServer: true,
data: null,
output:
{ statusCode: 500,
payload:
{ statusCode: 500,
error: ‘Internal Server Error’,
message: ‘An internal server error occurred’ },
headers: { ‘kbn-name’: ‘kibana’, ‘kbn-version’: ‘6.1.2’ } },
reformat: [Function] }

Thanks!


(Simone Scarduzio) #4

My guess is that the Kibana index is in the old version’s format. Try specifying a different Kibana index in kibana.yml, si it will create a new one.


(Cronin) #5

I fixed this I had an extra slash in the Kibana.YML file all set now!