Kibana 6.5.4 - Spaces - Groups - Redirects

Hi Simone,

We were running successfully the version 6.4.2 and decided to upgrade to version 6.5.4, in this version ES decided to introduce a lot of new features being one of them spaces, this is causing issues with the groups, choosing a group that dont have .kibana as default tries to redirect to the page but:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Looking into the logs:

....."dnt":"1","cache-control":"max-age=0","x-ror-current-group":"prd-dev"}...... Jan 11 23:37:12 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kibana[11562]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-01-11T23:37:12Z","tags":["spaces","error"],"pid":11562,"message":"Unable to navigate to space \"default\", redirecting to Space Selector. Error: Saved object [space/default] not found"}

You can see on this link - https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/26845 that the problem mentioned is happening when .kibana is deleted which is not the case here since we didn’t delete anything, so we suspect that the fact this groups use their own .kibana_something is causing this issue within RoR.

Any thoughts, anyone experiencing the same thing.

Update: and when I try to create a space for one of those groups in order to overcome the problem:

[2019-01-12T00:46:53,504][DEBUG][o.e.a.b.TransportShardBulkAction] [xxxxxxxxxx] [.kibana_my_dev][0] failed to execute bulk item (create) index {[.kibana_my_dev][doc][space:my-dev], source[{"space":{"name":"my Dev"},"type":"space","updated_at":"2019-01-12T00:46:53.451Z"}]}
org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.StrictDynamicMappingException: mapping set to strict, dynamic introduction of [space] within [doc] is not allowed
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseObject(DocumentParser.java:507) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.innerParseObject(DocumentParser.java:391) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseObjectOrNested(DocumentParser.java:381) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.internalParseDocument(DocumentParser.java:96) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]

Thanks
Tiago

Hi Tiago, I get what this is. I resolved it deleting the kibana index and letting ROR recreate it. In order not to lose all settings and dashboards, you can go to your 6.4.2 installation and backup all the Kibana objects, for then reimporting them.

Hi Simone,

I was afraid you were going to say that… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help / feedback
Tiago