Kibana fails to start with "Status changed from yellow to red - Unknown config key: xpack.reporting.index

Hi, and Happy new year :slight_smile:

I am setting up an environment with:

• Elasticsearch 6.5.3 + readonlyrest-1.16.32_es6.5.3.zip
  • Kibana 6.5.3 + readonlyrest_kbn_enterprise-1.16.32-20190106_es6.5.3.zip

The setup with ES + Ror + kibana (without readonlyrest_kbn_enterprise) is working fine with this settings:

readonlyrest.yml:

readonlyrest:
  ssl:
    keystore_file: "readonlyrest.keystore"
    keystore_pass: changeit
    key_pass: changeit

access_control_rules:
  - name: "Require HTTP Basic Auth"
    type: allow
    auth_key: admin:admin

When I install readonlyrest_kbn_enterprise on kibana, it starts but:

• displays “Kibana server is not ready yet” when I launch kibana UI Url,

• kibana logs show:

{“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:48Z”,“tags”:[“warning”,“config”,“deprecation”],“pid”:29,“message”:“You should set server.basePath along with server.rewriteBasePath. Starting in 7.0, Kibana will expect that all requests start with server.basePath rather than expecting you to rewrite the requests in your reverse proxy. Set server.rewriteBasePath to false to preserve the current behavior and silence this warning.”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:50Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:kibana@6.5.3”,“info”],“pid”:29,“state”:“green”,“message”:“Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready”,“prevState”:“uninitialized”,“prevMsg”:“uninitialized”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:50Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:elasticsearch@6.5.3”,“info”],“pid”:29,“state”:“yellow”,“message”:“Status changed from uninitialized to yellow - Waiting for Elasticsearch”,“prevState”:“uninitialized”,“prevMsg”:“uninitialized”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:51Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:timelion@6.5.3”,“info”],“pid”:29,“state”:“green”,“message”:“Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready”,“prevState”:“uninitialized”,“prevMsg”:“uninitialized”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:51Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:readonlyrest_kbn@1.16.32-20190106”,“info”],“pid”:29,“state”:“green”,“message”:“Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready”,“prevState”:“uninitialized”,“prevMsg”:“uninitialized”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:51Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:console@6.5.3”,“info”],“pid”:29,“state”:“green”,“message”:“Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready”,“prevState”:“uninitialized”,“prevMsg”:“uninitialized”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:51Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:metrics@6.5.3”,“info”],“pid”:29,“state”:“green”,“message”:“Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready”,“prevState”:“uninitialized”,“prevMsg”:“uninitialized”}
    {“type”:“log”,"@timestamp":“2019-01-08T11:02:51Z”,“tags”:[“status”,“plugin:elasticsearch@6.5.3”,“error”],“pid”:29,“state”:“red”,“message”:“Status changed from yellow to red - Unknown config key: xpack.reporting.index”,“prevState”:“yellow”,“prevMsg”:“Waiting for Elasticsearch”}

Note that:

• xpack is not installed and there are no references to xpack properties in both es and kibana configuration files.
  • if I keep the exact same configuration and I do not install readonlyrest_kbn_enterprise on kibana, it starts successfully.

Any idea how to move on from here?

Hello, yes this is a bug that we fixed the day before yesterday. Will release tomorrow the new version!!!