Kibana start fails with optimization errors

I have installed 7.2.0 versions of ES, Kibana and ReadOnlyRest PRO. I could get ES up and running and see the ACLs working. Kibana starts successfully without readonlyrest but soon after its installation the start fails with the following error.

ERROR in ./src/optimize/create_ui_exports_module.js?{“type”:“hacks”,“modules”:[“plugins/xpack_main/hacks/check_xpack_info_change”,“plugins/xpack_main/hacks/telemetry_opt_in”,“plugins/xpack_main/hacks/telemetry_trigger”,“plugins/searchprofiler/register”,“plugins/grokdebugger/sections/grokdebugger/register”,“plugins/apm/hacks/toggle_app_link_in_nav”,“plugins/code/hacks/toggle_app_link_in_nav”,“plugins/canvas/lib/window_error_handler.js”,“plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/logout_hack”,“plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/session_checker_hack”,“plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/hidden_apps_hack”,“plugins/console/hacks/register”,“plugins/kibana/dev_tools/hacks/hide_empty_tools”,“plugins/timelion/hacks/toggle_app_link_in_nav”,“plugins/timelion/lib/panel_registry”,“plugins/timelion/panels/timechart/timechart”,“plugins/ui_metric”,“plugins/reporting/hacks/job_completion_notifier”]} (./node_modules/val-loader/dist/cjs.js!./src/optimize/create_ui_exports_module.js?{“type”:“hacks”,“modules”:[“plugins/xpack_main/hacks/check_xpack_info_change”,“plugins/xpack_main/hacks/telemetry_opt_in”,“plugins/xpack_main/hacks/telemetry_trigger”,“plugins/searchprofiler/register”,“plugins/grokdebugger/sections/grokdebugger/register”,“plugins/apm/hacks/toggle_app_link_in_nav”,“plugins/code/hacks/toggle_app_link_in_nav”,“plugins/canvas/lib/window_error_handler.js”,“plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/logout_hack”,“plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/session_checker_hack”,“plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/hidden_apps_hack”,“plugins/console/hacks/register”,“plugins/kibana/dev_tools/hacks/hide_empty_tools”,“plugins/timelion/hacks/toggle_app_link_in_nav”,“plugins/timelion/lib/panel_registry”,“plugins/timelion/panels/timechart/timechart”,“plugins/ui_metric”,“plugins/reporting/hacks/job_completion_notifier”]})

Module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘plugins/readonlyrest_kbn/session_checker_hack’ in ‘/home/kibana/kibana-7.2.0-linux-x86_64/src/optimize’

Installation of readonlyrest completed without any errors. kibana_access is set in readonlyrest.yml of Elasticsearch.

Hello @Sireesha, welcome to the forum. Can you please try this:

https://readonlyrest-data.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/build/1.18.3-pre5/trial/20190724/enterprise/readonlyrest_kbn_enterprise-1.18.3-pre5-20190724_es7.2.0.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJEKIPNTOTIVGQ4EQ/20190724/eu-west-1/s3/aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20190724T122123Z&X-Amz-Expires=604800&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=0383aa93dbda73597004ff976ffd8a8436883641a9a2a7f551fa189b130039db

Thanks Simone. I am able to install the plugin and start Kibana successfully. Please let me know when this patch will be available on the website.

1 Like