Requested index doesn't exist

Hi team.

Multiple users have reported that when they try to see a document details in Kibana, they cannot. They action they are trying clicking on “json” option:

The only log I found is:

But the index does exists and the users have access based on the following ACL:

- name: "Avature SSO - readAccessToIndex-worker"
        type: allow
        kibana_access: rw
        ror_kbn_auth:
          name: keycloak
          groups: ["readAccessToIndex-worker"]
        indices: ["*:logstash-worker-default"]

Is there any special configuration required?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @gustavo.yoshizaki

Are you able to show us the ROR FORBIDDEN log entry?
If you don’t have this, don’t worry. We should be able to reproduce it on our side.

Hi!

No, there are no FORBIDDEN on the readonlyrest logs.

Regards

oh, right. There is “INDEX NOT EXIST”.
We will check it

1 Like

@gustavo.yoshizaki I’ve analysed the problem reported and it seems we don’t handle data streams with remote clusters well. We’re working on the improvement. I’ll let you know when we finish.

Thanks for looking into this!

Hi @coutoPL

Do you have any updates / ETAs for the fix?

Thanks in advance

Hi @gustavo.yoshizaki

We are working on this. Thanks to your report, we found several similar issues related to streams. We want to provide a complex solution to all these problems.

I think that the fix will be a part of ROR 1.59.0.

1 Like

@gustavo.yoshizaki FYI: we released ROR 1.59.0 today, but it’s missing the issue fix - we are not ready to publish it yet. We promise to release 1.59.1 with the fix as soon as it’s done (probably within a week)

Ok, thanks for the update.

@gustavo.yoshizaki we have a pre-build for you to test. Could you please tell us what ES version you currently use?

We are using 7.17.22 but this week we are upgrading to 7.17.23. We also have a cluster with 8.14.13 but it is not affected because it does not have Cross Cluster Searches.

Ok, here are the pre-builds:
ROR 1.59.1-pre1 for ES 7.17.22
ROR 1.59.1-pre1 for ES 7.17.23

Let us know if they fix the issue on your side

1 Like

Hi @coutoPL

Do I also need to update kibana plugin?

Please use 1.59.0 ROR KBN plugin.

@gustavo.yoshizaki did you find time to test it?

@coutoPL because we need to restart a 75 nodes cluster, we must do it during the SLA due to the service degradation of the rolling restart of nodes. We missed the window last weekend. Most probably we will do it this weekend.

1 Like

Hi @coutoPL

Upgrade done. We will have to wait for the users feedback in the next week.

Best regards.

Great. Thanks for the update. If the problem is fixed, we will release 1.59.1 right after your confirmation.

Hi @coutoPL

Bad news. Users still reports that they cannot see the JSON tab of the documents.

Best regards.