RoR 5.6.1 Pro Changes to the yml file are not being picked up

I’m having an issue with YML changes. After making changes to the yml file and committing it. The logs are showing that the change has not propagated.

For example:

Adding this block to the yml config under access_control_rules:

- name: '::SERVICE-USER::'
  auth_key: 'service:servicepasswd'

Commit the change (observe the green OK banner)

Using the “new” service account, I’m unable to access Elasticsearch using postman. I get a 403 access error. Using a previous user that was already there, it works.

Now comes the weird part.

I remove the newly added block “::SERVICE-USER::”, commit the change and test again.

The logs still show that ::SERVICE-USER:: is still being validated against.

What this means to me is that the change did not propagate and get applied.

Am I missing something?

Mark

After 24 hours, the logs are still showing an entry against an access_control_block that does not exist.

I’ll look to see how to turn on debug logging for RoR.

Mark

In addition: I’ve added another block and that block is NOT showing up in the HIS list at all.

Hi Mark, is this the 1.16.12 ES & Kibana plugin?

A restart of the cluster shows that the ROR index being read and the changes are active. Deletion of a block and a save does is not active reflected.

Hi Simone,

This is the 1.16.11 release of the RoR.
readonlyrest-1.16.11_es5.6.1.jar

Mark

Thank you Mark, will have a look: I’m currently working on untangling the config & SSL cert paths resolution. Will test this again after that.

Was that a typo? When I log into the download site I don’t see a 1.16.12 download.

Mark

I see you found your way to the self service form. This is going to be the only way to distribute the Kibana plugin going forward, not the Plasso platform.

Yes, I did! I read the banner on the Plasso page.

I’m installing the updated plugin now and I’ll let you know the outcome.

Mark

Upgrading to 1.16.12 resolved the issue. The logs now show an entry for refreshing RoR configuration.

Mark

1 Like

Thanks for testing thisl, Mark!