Separate yml file for each tenant and reloading the readonlyrest plugins

Hello ReadonlyREST community,

Is it possible to include multiple .yml files in the main readonlyrest.yml file ?
Ex:
Include conf.d/*.yml

Whenever a new tenant is added, an additional section needs to be created for it. Is it possible to do this in a separate yml file or do I have to generate the whole yml file every time ?

Additional question: Is it possible to do a “reload” of the ReadonlyREST services so that I do not have to restart elasticsearch and kibana every time there is a change in the readonlyrest.yml file ?

I want to automate the process of tenant creation.

Kind regards

Hi @Til_bardaga! Welcome to the forum.

We don’t support includes at the moment. And we will probably never do in the form you showed (using an asterisk) as order is very important in the ACL.

Yes you can reload security settings without restarting the whole cluster, this is a feature we have in PRO/Enterprise.

Hi Simone,

Thank you for the quick response.

Yes you can reload security settings without restarting the whole cluster, this is a feature we have in PRO/Enterprise.

Does this mean that we have to use the “ReadonlyREST” Kibana app to do this ? An admit would have to do this in the Kibana GUI I presume. Can this be automated in some way ?

No, there is an API too. But it’s labeled as internal and may be subject to change.

Thanks for the information.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like