Where is config/readonlyrest.yml located

I’m a new developer. I downloaded ReadonlyREST. I’m on step 2 listed here https://github.com/sscarduzio/elasticsearch-readonlyrest-plugin#2-configuration and I don’t know where the config/readonlyrest.yml is supposed to be located. Am I supposed to create a folder(config) and file(readonlyrest.yml) in the plugin folder or is this config referring to the folder within the elasticsearch folder? I have no idea where to look and I’ve spent most of the day trying to figure this problem out and I’m getting nowhere.

Hi @Marty,

Welcome to the forum, I just fixed the documentation under your suggestion. Many thanks!
I will answer your question here as well:

The readonlyrest.yml file should be placed on the same path with the elasticsearch.yml. This path may vary wildly according to the specific configuration, but the default when you download the official zip file, it’s under $ES_HOME/config/

I also added a link in the readme to the extensive documentation page, the README.md is meant to be just a quick start.

Please if you have any other feedback don’t hesitate to let me know. As a new user, you are in the best position to notice important things.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks. That helps immensely.

I’ll leave a link to this issue here, because it’s relevant to this topic.